Peer Tutors NeededSeptember 15, 2015
If you enjoy helping others and sharing your knowledge, learn more about becoming a peer tutor.
Tutoring Services needs peer tutors for:
The more courses you can tutor the better.
Tutors are dependable, self-motivated, punctual, organized and enjoy helping others. If this sounds like you and you are interested in becoming a tutor, make sure you:
- Completed a minimum of 15 semester hours
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Earned an A or B in any course you wish to tutor
Here's a snapshot of what peer tutors do:
- Meet with individuals or small groups of students on a scheduled or drop-in basis
- Provide assistance in general skills or specific content areas
- Help increase student learning independence
- Present in-class study skills and attend training sessions
- Engage in other academic support projects as requested
View the application materials and instructions. For consideration for Spring 2016 employment, submit materials no later than October 31st.