Free workshops for displaced Mitsubishi workersMay 6, 2016
Heartland Community College and Career Link are offering free workshops for displaced Mitsubishi workers.
The workshops focus on a variety of topics to help build skills in resume writing, technology and interviewing.
- Recognize the purpose and importance of a resume
- Understand what kind of information is expected and appropriate for a resume
- Begin designing your own resume to build upon in the coming years
Cover Letter Writing
- Recognize the purpose and importance of a cover letter
- Understand what kind of information is expected and appropriate for a cover letter
- Begin creating your own cover letter
- Recognize that being prepared for the job interview is just as important as the interview itself
- Practice anticipating interviewer questions and writing your own questions to ask in an interview
- Begin to assess your own skills and experiences by writing a “Prove It” story
- Begin thinking about your own personal definition of success—what “being successful” would look like in your life
- Assess your strengths and areas of challenge
- Recognize possible symptoms of stress
- Begin identifying sources of stress in your life now
How to Job Hunt
- Recognize that being prepared to job search is an important step in the process.
- Identify and utilize different job search methods.
- Understand what resources and information you need to fill out employment applications.
- Learn how to work with Microsoft Excel
- Create a spreadsheet to organize data
To get more information, call Heartland's Community Education department at 309-268-8160. For date and time information, see the Heartland calendar.
Written by: Becky Gropp