Online & Hybrid Classes
With your busy schedule, the flexibility of online or hybrid courses may be a great fit for you.
These course options have the same workload (homework, quizzes, assignments, tests, deadlines, etc.) as traditional classes. To be successful, you need to be:
- highly organized
- good at managing your time
- self-motivated and able to work on your own
- a strong reader and writer
See if online learning is right for you.
Combine in-class and online learning in hybrid courses. You have flexibility while still enjoying some classroom time and interaction.
In online courses, you connect with your instructor and classmates via the Internet. You get to work independently, where and when you want.
Note: Some online courses may require you to come to campus for particular exams or special circumstances. You should check with the instructor to clarify on-campus requirements.
Online learning requires you to be very comfortable using technology. You need proficiency with email and other general software tools like Internet browsers and Microsoft Office.
Completing online or hybrid courses requires a reliable desktop or laptop computer. Your computer must:
- run the most recent version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (Internet Explorer and Safari do not work well for online/hybrid courses at HCC)
- be able to view streaming video
- have a dependable Internet connection (signal loss may result in incomplete work submission). DSL and wireless connections are not always reliable.
Smartphones and tablets can't be used to access or complete some online activities such as tests and quizzes.