Eligibility Requirements for Summer Aid
All federal and financial aid programs have specific requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- HCC must have your completed 2020-2021 FAFSA information.
- You must submit a Summer Application to the financial aid office (Not available until April).
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at HCC. We will not offer you aid if you are planning to attend HCC only for the summer.
- You must be a continuing HCC student from the spring 2021 semester, or enrolled in classes at HCC for fall 2021.
- You must be enrolled in summer classes and they must be required for your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- If you’ve used 100% of your Pell grant for the 2020-2021 award year, you must be enrolled in 6 or more credits for summer semester to receive an additional Pell grant.
Basic Summer Financial Aid Process
- Register for summer classes, and fall classes if this is your first semester at HCC.
- Complete and submit the Summer Application with a copy of your summer schedule attached.
- Check your home.heartland.edu>student center>task tile and your HCC email often.
- Complete any requested items on your task tile immediately.
Summer Requirements for Loans
Your financial aid may be adjusted if:
- There are any changes to enrollment
- You do not attend or withdraw from your summer courses
- other types of aid are awarded (scholarships, waivers, etc.)
*Adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur debt. Always check with financial aid before altering your enrollment.