Schedule an Assessment Appointment
- Log in to myHeartland.
- Click on the Appointments tab.
- Select Placement.
- Choose Pontiac Center as your assessment location.
- Follow the directions to find and schedule your appointment.
|Monday - Thursday*||8:30am - 7:00pm|
|Friday*||8:30am - 3:00pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
*Call 815-842-6777 if additional times are needed.
Exams cannot be started within 30 minutes of closing.
It is a good idea to prepare for ACCUPLACER by refreshing your memory on math formulas, reading skills and general test taking tips. Taking time to prepare before the test can increase your confidence, and it is likely you will be more successful.
Visit https://accuplacerpractice.collegeboard.org/login to create a free account and take practice tests in Reading Comprehension, Elementary Algebra and College Level Math.
You can find a list of other resources here.
- All first-time college students must take the full placement test (reading comprehension and math), unless one of the following criteria is met:
- You have previous college-level credit for placement.
- You are a transfer student, in which the eligibility of a waiver is based on previous coursework shown on a transcript.
- You have taken Heartland courses at Normal, Lincoln, or Pontiac campus, or through the dual credit program and previous scores are still active.
- You scored well enough on ACT, SAT/PSAT, PARCC or external placement testing scores. A detailed list with scores can be found here.