Jump over the site's primary content.

Heartland Student ID Card

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I get my card?

ID cards with photos and library barcodes are issued in the Academic Support Center in the Student Commons Building (SCB). Bring a photo ID and your student ID#

SCB is located at:

Heartland Community College
**Student Commons Building
1500 W. Raab Road
Normal, Illinois 61761

When can I get a card?

When the Library is open.

Why do I need an ID card?

  • To check out Library material
  • To access your online Library account
  • For free bus rides on the Bloomington-Normal Public Transit System
  • To access the Fitness & Recreation Center
  • To obtain student discounts at various locations in the community

What's the Heartland OneCard for?

The Heartland OneCard is separate from the Heartland Student ID card. The OneCard is used to select your refund method for disbursements from the College. For information on the Heartland OneCard, visit www.heartland.edu/refunds.

Help! I've lost my ID card. What do I do?

  1. Contact Security (outside the Academic Support Center) at (309) 268-8300 to see if it was turned in.
  2. Contact the Library (inside the Academic Support Center) at (309) 268-8292 to prevent unauthorized use of your card.
  3. Replacement cards are issued in the Academic Support Center during regular hours.

I've found a lost card. Where do I turn it in?

Turn the card in at Security, located outside the Academic Support Center.

How does the ID work with the library services?

Present your Heartland ID at the Library to check out books, videos, magazines and reserve materials. You can also use your barcode number to request materials online from other libraries using I-Share.

Can I use my student ID to get discounts around town?

Yes. There are various businesses that offer discounts for students with valid IDs.

Can I use my student ID to access the Fitness & Recreation Center?

Yes. For hours and details see the Fitness & Recreation Center.

Can I use my student ID as a bus pass?

Yes. Bus pass stickers are available at the ID office each semester for enrolled students.

Do I need to use my student ID to get onto campus or into the library?

No. Heartland Community College is an open campus.

How much does it cost?

Initial and replacement cards are free of charge.

Where can I go for more information?

If you still have a question, please email Heartland Community College or call (309) 268-8292.

**Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print the community commons building map.