You must successfully submit the Heartland student application to earn college credit for the completion of Heartland courses.
- There is no application fee and the online process takes approximately 10 minutes.
- You must enter your social security number, date of birth and high school graduation date.
- You must enter the correct start term: Fall = Aug | Spring = Jan | Summer = May/June
You only need to complete any required placement testing for the Heartland courses you intend to take if you do not have other eligible test scores, such as ACT/PSAT/SAT scores. Placement testing is not required for dual credit courses offered through our career center partners.
- If placement testing at Heartland is required, you must make an appointment at least 48 hours in advance through myHeartland.
- If you haven't already, set up your myHeartland account using this guide (PDF).
- You will need your Login Name and Student ID number from your acceptance email.
- Since placement requirements are different for each course, you may find it helpful to explore potential course options whether you intend to take Heartland courses on-campus/online or through a high school.
If you are under the age of 16 and do not intend to take Heartland courses through a high school or career center, you must follow early admission process guidelines.