Policies and Conduct
You will receive an email confirmation of your registration immediately after you register. Please be watching for a second email reminding you of your class a few days before your class begins. Please feel free to contact us if you need a confirmation sent through the US mail. We are happy to do that for you, but our standard confirmation is by email only.
In the event that we are unable to host your class in-person for reasons related to COVID, we will do all we can to transition your course to a virtual format. Otherwise, you will have the opportunity to choose an alternative class or receive a full refund.
Please note that Continuing Education reserves the right to change course dates and locations as needed. Please review your schedule confirmation for dates and locations.
Unless otherwise stated, these classes are designed for adults age 18 and over.
- Continuing Education reserves the right to limit the enrollments or cancel any class due to insufficient enrollments. For this reason, please register early to reserve your place in the class of your choice. We will notify you when a class has been filled or canceled. You may choose alternate courses or receive a full refund.
- We strive to provide excellent learning experiences in our Continuing Education classes. As a result, anyone exhibiting inappropriate behavior or disrepectful language may be dismissed without refund. Please refer to the HCC student Conduct policy for details at studentHandbook/conduct.
Unless otherwise stated in the description, if you wish to drop a class, you must do so no later than three working days before the first class session in order to receive a full refund. After that time, no refunds will be issued. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds or credits due to missed classes. No refunds will be given after the class has ended. Payments for course materials, supplies or textbooks are nonrefundable.
Heartland Community College reserves the right to cancel any program, event, or class due to inclement weather, campus-wide emergency or extenuating circumstance. Please check www.heartland.edu and local media outlets for such announcements. Continuing Education staff will also make a reasonable effort to call/email registrants about emergency cancellations. Once the College reopens, every attempt will be made to reschedule the program, event or class.
- For participants enrolled in Continuing Education classes including Professional Development, Personal Enrichment, Conferences and Kids@Heartland - you may apply your registration fee to the class if it is rescheduled or you may apply it toward a different Continuing Education course or courses.
- For individuals in the Truck Driver Training Program or Traffic Safety School– cancelled class sessions will be rescheduled.
- Individuals unable or unwilling to attend alternate or rescheduled classes may request a refund. Refunds will be in full or pro-rated based on the number of remaining sessions.
Groups with Facilities Use Agreements or Challenger Learning Center Agreements – Continuing Education staff will work with you to find a date that meets the needs of your organization or refund your deposit.
- For your convenience, you can register online. You may also register by calling Continuing Education at (309) 268-8160. Please make sure to complete all emergency information requested for your child so we are able to admit them in Kids@Heartland programs. Instructors will have emergency contact information for the duration of the class. You will receive a confirmation letter in the mail after your child has been enrolled.
- Continuing Education offers a limited number of need-based scholarships for summer Kids@Heartland classes. Contact us (309) 268-8160 or view the Financial Scholarship Application (PDF) for details.
- Continuing Education reserves the right to limit the enrollments or cancel any classes due to insufficient enrollments. For this reason, please register early to reserve your place in the class of your choice. We will notify you when a class has been filled or canceled. You may choose alternative courses or receive full refunds.
- Unless otherwise stated in the class description, if you wish to drop a class you must do so no later than three business days before the first class session to receive a refund. After that time, no refunds will be issued. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds or credit due to missed classes. No refunds will be given after the class has ended. Payments for course materials, supplies, or textbooks are non-refundable. To drop a class, please call (309) 268-8160.
- All students are expected to maintain appropriate and respectful behavior while attending Kids@Heartland classes. If a child is disruptive, disrespectful, or inappropriate, or jeopardizes the safety of others and staff intervention fails to yield results, parents will be contacted. If the behavior continues, staff reserves the right to dismiss the student from class without a refund.
- If you have questions or concerns about your Continuing Education experience, please contact the Associate Director, Continuing Education Programming at 309-268-8706. If you have additional concerns after the resolution, please reference studentHandbook/appeals.