Why Choose Heartland?
We have more than 5,000 students representing over 50 countries.
Your Heartland Experience
We realize you're looking for a school that's a perfect fit for you college, career and life goals. We offer:
- 70+ programs of study with over 1200 day, evening and online courses
- classes that average 20 students or less so you get lots of personal attention
- modern classrooms, new technology and a well-equipped Fitness & Recreation Center
- more than 30 student clubs and organizations where you can make friends and build leadership skills
Our specialized international support team is ready to help you through your entire experience. They can also arrange health insurance, housing, free city bus access and other needs. While you are enrolled at Heartland, you will also have access to:
- an Academic English Language Program (AELP) to prepare you for college-level classes
- free academic supports such as tutoring, a writing center, a research and citations lab
- transfer support to help you make a smooth transition to a university where you can continue your education
Heartland Community College works very hard to keep tuition and fees affordable.
- Heartland out-of-country tuition and fees are $14,550*
- Average public four-year university tuition and fees are $27,020*
- Average private four-year university tuition and fees are $37,650*
Books, lodging and transportation costs are not included in these figures.
*Tuition and fees are based on one year of average full-time enrollment (15 credit hours per semester). The minimum full-time enrollment for international students is 12 credit hours per semester. Average tuition and fees for AY 2020 are available at trends.collegeboard.org.
Life Beyond Heartland
Bloomington-Normal was listed by The Huffington Post, “11 Amazing Cities You’ve Never Thought To Live In, But Should”. It ranked high for its affordable rent, big city amenities and Midwest charm. Learn more about our community at the Bloomington-Normal Area Convention and Visitors’ Bureau.