Eligibility Requirements for Summer Aid
Summer enrollment and application deadline has passed. Information for Summer 2022 will be updated during Spring 2022 semester.
All federal and financial aid programs have specific requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- HCC must have your completed 2020-2021 FAFSA information.
- You must submit a Summer Application to the financial aid office.
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at HCC. We will not offer you aid if you are planning to attend HCC only for the summer.
- You must be a continuing HCC student from the spring 2021 semester, or enrolled in classes at HCC for fall 2021.
- You must be enrolled in summer classes and they must be required for your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- If you’ve used 100% of your Pell grant for the 2020-2021 award year, you must be enrolled in 6 or more credits for summer semester to receive an additional Pell grant.
Basic Summer Financial Aid Process
- Register for summer courses. If this is your first semester at HCC, you must also register for fall courses.
- Complete and submit the Summer Application with a copy of your summer schedule attached.
- Check your home.heartland.edu>student center>task tile and your HCC email often.
- Complete any requested items on your task tile immediately.
Summer Requirements for Loans
- Complete a Summer Application (PDF) and request the amount you need to borrow for summer (this cannot be left blank if you wish to request a loan).
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for summer and have remaining loan eligibility for the 2020-2021 year.
Your financial aid may be adjusted if:
- There are any changes to enrollment
- You do not attend or withdraw from your summer courses
- other types of aid are awarded (scholarships, waivers, etc.)
*Adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur debt. Always check with financial aid before altering your enrollment.
Summer Application instructions for the fillable form:
- Uncheck all the optional offers to avoid taking up computer memory.
- Click on the Download Acrobat Reader button to begin download.
- Follow the instructions to proceed:
- Open your download folder and locate the Adobe Acrobat Installer file, named like "reader [xxx]_install.exe"
- Double-click on the installer to compete the installation.
Once you have downloaded adobe acrobat reader, you may complete the form and sign it. You will save it to your computer and then attach it to an email to email@example.com.