Work Ready / Career & Technical Education
Financial assistance is available for some Work Ready Programs.
Find employment opportunities through training and services as well as financial assistance if you have been laid-off. Assistance is available in Peoria, Stark, Marshall, Woodford, Mason, Fulton, McLean, and Tazewell County.
National Farmworker Jobs Program
The National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP) is a program created by Congress in response to the chronic seasonal unemployment and underemployment experienced by migrant and seasonal farmworkers (MSFWs). The program is operated in Missouri, Illinois and Wisconsin.
The National Farmworker Jobs Program is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor.
· Verifiable farmworker within the past 2 years, 51% of that time worked or wages earned must be from farmwork. (Farmwork: worked in crops, tree farming, nurseries, dairy, fishery, poultry, cotton gins, canneries, fruit and vegetable packing, work with fur-bearing animals, etc.)
· Legally authorized to work in the United States. (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, DACA, etc.)
· If male and over 18 years or older, must be registered with the Selective Service.
· You and/or your family is low income. (receiving public assistance or un/underemployed)
If you think that you may be eligible, please click here to complete the National Farmworker Jobs Program online form.
Offices are located:
· Champaign Office 1803 Woodfield Drive, Suite A Savoy, IL 61874
· Mt. Vernon Office 6295 East IL Highway 15 Mt. Vernon, IL 62898
· Rock Island Office American Job Center 500 42nd Street, Suite 4, Room 111 Rock Island, IL 61201 (309) 738 -7542
Toll Free Number 1 (800) 279 -8667
Installment payment plans are available for Work Ready programs. You may contact the Business Office at email@example.com or at 309-268-8140 with any questions.
Private Student Loans
You can apply for a private student loans through most banks and online lenders. You may contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 309-268-8020 with any questions.
Military and Active Duty members may qualify to use education benefits to pay for Work Ready classes. Contact the Coordinator of Veterans Services with any questions at email@example.com or at 309-268-8020.
VA benefits are available for this program:
- Truck Driver Training
- Employer Assistance Customized Training: contact Continuing Education at 309-268-8160
Additional Financial Assistance
You may be eligible for additional types of financial assistance, scholarships or other forms of aid.