HCC to ISU
Visit with an Illinois State University admissions representative while attending Heartland.
Now offering Virtual Appointments!
ISU is now holding virtual Zoom appointments for HCC students
Through these online appointments, students have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the transfer admissions process and how their classes will transfer
- Discover what to expect from Redbird life
- Get an immediate On the Spot Admissions Decision
- Sign up today for your virtual admissions appointment
- General admission questions
- Course and GPA requirements
- Transferring credits
- Returning to ISU
- Application and timeline
- On-the-Spot Admission Decisions
- Redbird Promise
On-the-Spot Admission Decision
During your appointment, you will meet with an admissions representative who will carefully review your documents and make an admission decision for you immediately. You'll find out whether or not you have been accepted right away—no waiting, no worries!
Prior to your On-the-Spot Admission Decision appointment:
Step 1: Schedule your appointment
Step 2: Submit your application for admission and application fee online
Step 3: Request your official Heartland Community College transcript and, if applicable, official transcripts from each college or university you have attended
Redbird Promise offers Heartland Community College students guaranteed admission to Illinois State University to complete their Bachelor’s degree. Students must meet all of the requirements outlined in this agreement to guarantee their admission to ISU.
- Peace of mind knowing you will be guaranteed admission and have a seamless transfer to Illinois State to complete your Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work closely with Illinois State admissions counselors and academic advisors to help navigate the transfer process.
- Eligibility to apply for Illinois State University’s Bird to Bird Scholarship. Illinois State will award up to five Bird to Bird Scholarships to Heartland Redbird Promise transfer students. The awards are valued at a minimum of $1,000 annually; some are renewable for multiple years
Illinois State University agrees to admit qualified Heartland students. To participate in Redbird Promise, students must meet all current admissions standards, policies, and procedures of ISU at the time of admission. Specific requirements are as follows:
- Complete the Redbird Promise Participation Form. This form will allow Illinois State and Heartland Community College to share information and to allow you to take advantage of Redbird Promise.
- Completed Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree prior to ISU enrollment.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.4/4.0 in all transferable academic coursework (at all colleges/universities attended) and be in good academic standing at Heartland Community College.
Did you know ISU and HCC have set guarantees and partnerships that make transferring even easier? Learn more about these agreements below. Be sure to follow-up by talking with your HCC advisor to make sure you’re on track.
- This agreement does not guarantee admission for students seeking readmission or reinstatement to ISU.
- This agreement does not guarantee admission for transfer students to a specific ISU degree program or academic college within the University. There may be additional admission requirements to enroll in and complete certain ISU bachelor’s degree programs. Due to space limitations and the competitiveness of the applicant pool, admission to a specific major is not guaranteed. Students may be admitted to the University with an undeclared major if the program prerequisites are not met or if the preferred major has filled to capacity.
- Students with 75 or more earned credit hours cannot be admitted to the University as undeclared.
- International students will have their English proficiency requirement satisfied for admission so long as they complete 60 credit hours or their Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree. Students will not need to submit separate proof of English proficiency at the time of application.
- ISU agrees to accept all course credit completed at Heartland Community College in accordance with the current transfer and articulation policies and processes.
Want to Learn More?
o Learn about and register for other Illinois State virtual events here! There are weekly virtual Transfer Information Sessions, Campus Tours, Academic Department Sessions, Financial Aid Sessions, and so much more. For specific questions, please stop by the HCC advisement desk or email Admissions@IllinoisState.edu.