Leading our community to lifelong learning and success.
Heartland provides accessible, equitable, innovative learning opportunities and resources that enrich our community.
|We value...||Value Statements|
|Learners||We are learner-centered, focused on creating a personalized path to success for each individual.|
|Community||We are all partners in the success of the organization, boldly embracing current and future opportunities that will empower our students and communities to fully actualize their potential.|
|Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)||We create a collegial and welcoming culture by taking collective responsibility in the creation, protection, and enhancement of an equitable, diverse, and inclusive campus community.|
|Ethical Practices||We practice ethical decision-making, professionalism, transparency, and responsible stewardship of environmental, financial, and community resources to promote a sustainable future.|
|Continuous Improvements||We cultivate College quality through continuous improvement and professional development.|
College-Wide Priorities & Goals
Heartland Community College strives to foster a culture of data-informed continuous improvement to attain its priorities and goals.
- Promote Student Access and Success
- Increase percentage of students progressing toward and completing their educational and career goals.
- Increase undergraduate enrollments in areas identified in the College’s Strategic Enrollment Management Plan.
- Reduce opportunity gaps and achievement gaps among student populations.
- Improve student satisfaction.
- Increase student achievement of the College's Essential Competencies (PDF).
- Create and Model a Systemic Culture of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Reduce barriers to access and equity.
- Model antiracist practices within and beyond the college community.
- Increase the percentage of employees and students participating in EDI oriented professional development, social awareness, and community engagement opportunities.
- Ensure Resource Stewardship
- Improve employee satisfaction.
- Fulfill institutional need for diverse recruiting, hiring, retention, and advancement.
- Maintain or increase the College's financial health.
- Maintain or increase value of the College's physical assets.
- Serve as a Community Resource
- Meet emerging workforce needs through education and training programs.
- Fulfill unmet community demand for personal enrichment and professional learning.
- Establish and sustain diverse community partnerships to share resources and build reciprocal support networks.
- Model Effective Communication, Collaboration and Transparency
- Intentionally obtain and incorporate employee input.
- Improve internal dissemination of information.
- Share resources, responsibilities and results to achieve college-wide goals.
- Approved by the HCC Board of Trustees Effective September, 2021