Information for Community Members
At Heartland, we strive to be a valuable community resource that promotes enriching partnerships and life-long learning.
Our marketing team keeps community members aware of College events, programs and services.
- We value sustainability and promote the responsible use of environmental, financial and community resources.
Heartland has been recognized for outstanding budgetary practices and financial reporting.
Our campus in Normal is home to:
- A commercial-grade wind turbine that generates about half of the College's electricity
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- The Illinois Green Economy Network, which promotes sustainability and renewable energy programs at colleges across the state
- The Workforce Development Center, Illinois' first state-funded LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified building