Child Development Lab
We provide high quality care and education to the children of Heartland Community College's students, faculty and staff.
As a lab school, the CDL provides opportunities for students needing first-hand experience working with young children.
- Children are valued for their uniqueness and dignity, their wonder and curiosity, their perspectives and abilities.
- Families are valued for their diversity, bonds and tradition, their abilities, their commitment to work, home, education and the community and their dreams for their children.
- College Students are valued for their unique ability to grow professionally so they can best support the development and learning of children and families.
- Faculty and Staff are valued for their vision, their ability to play and delight in children, their ability to process, reflect and apply exemplary practices, their commitment to families and their ability to mentor the next generation of professionals.
- The environment created fosters meaningful relationships, collaboration and participation, and inclusiveness.