Earn a Degree at Heartland
Welcome! We're glad you want to apply for admissions at Heartland Community College.
Before you apply, please read through the process and gather all necessary documents. Your application must be complete and submitted before the deadline in order to be considered for Admissions at Heartland Community College.
Do I qualify as an international student?
An international student is a citizen of another country other than the United States who is authorized to remain in the United States for a temporary period of time, for educational purposes only as a non-immigrant (F-1 or M-1 visa). If you have any other visa type (H-1, J-1, permanent residency, etc.), you will not need to apply as an international student. Please go to www.heartland.edu to find out about applying as a traditional student.
B-Visa holders will be required to apply as an international student and then apply for a change-of-status with the US government to F-1. You will need to contact an immigration lawyer for help with a change-of-status request. Heartland Community College cannot give legal immigration advice.
- Submit international application and all supporting documentation before the deadline.
The following dates listed are the upcoming international application deadlines:
Semester Application Due Date Summer 2017 (classes beginning in May) March 15th Fall 2017 (classes beginning in August) June 15th Spring 2018 (classes beginning in January) November 15th
- Heartland Admissions staff will review your application and supporting documents.
- If you are accepted, we will send you an acceptance letter and I-20 via mail. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
- Follow the instructions on your I-20 to set up an appointment with your local US Embassy to seek approval for an F-1 student visa.*
*It is important to understand that not every international student is granted a visa. Your visa application may be denied by the US Government at any time, for any reason.
- If approved, make travel arrangements. You can travel to the US no sooner than 30 days before classes begin.
- Follow any next steps that our Admissions staff gives you
As a part of your application, we require some documents to be submitted. Below is a list of the documents and an explanation of each.
- Copy of your passport: Please submit a copy of your valid passport in order to verify your eligibility to travel to the United States.
- Copy of all school records, diplomas, etc: Please submit your past history of your academics so we can know that you're prepared for the academic rigors of college.
- Proof of Financial Eligibility document: Please download this document and fill it out in preparation for your application. When you apply, you must turn it in to show that you have enough financial sponsorship to pay for an entire year of tuition and other expenses.
Download Proof of Financial Eligibility Document
- Certified bank statements: Please submit certified bank statements that add up to our financial support requirement of $23,720 USD.
- Copy of TOEFL or IELTS scores: Please submit copies of your TOEFL or IELTS scores to show English language ability.*
*In order to be an international student at Heartland Community College, you must provide proof of English Language Ability. Students must score a minimum of 65 on the TOEFL (or 6 on the IELTS) in order to be admitted into an Undergraduate program. A minimum of 38 is required to be admitted into our Academic English Language Program. Scores below 38 will not be accepted.