- Find out how to apply. The Heartland Community College Financial Aid Office is here to help.
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply for financial aid early. The earlier you start, the easier it will be. Read a message from the Financial Aid Director.
The 2018-2019 FAFSA is available beginning October 1, 2017.
FAFSA Completion Workshops
Financial Aid Advisors will be available to help you complete your FAFSA.
Workshops are located in CCB 1112, and no reservation is required.
- October 4, 3:30-4:30 PM
- October 11, 3:30-4:30 PM
- October 18, 4:30-5:30 PM (note the time change)
- October 25, 3:30-4:30 PM
- October 11, 5-8 PM
- November 15, 4-6 PM
- October 17 3:30-7:30 PM
- October 26 3:30-7:30 PM
Fall 2017 Grant Refund Schedule
|Financial Aid Awarded by||Refund Issued by|
|September 1, 2017||September 22, 2017|
|September 29, 2017||October 13,2017|
|October 27, 2017||November 17, 2017|
|December 1, 2017||December 15, 2017|
FAFSA Deadline and Materials Needed
Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018
The FAFSA for 2017-2018 is available now.
File your application ASAP.
Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Summer 2019
The 18-19 FAFSA will be available now.
What You Need
Use 2015 tax information for 17-18 FAFSA
Use 2016 tax information for 18-19 FAFSA
After you apply, The Financial Aid Office communicates with you through Heartland email only. Make sure to check it regularly.
Access Financial Aid Information
You can see which documents are needed to complete your financial aid or view awarded financial aid through the IRIS tab in myHeartland:
- Log in to myHeartland.
- Click on the IRIS tab.
- Choose the Self Service link.
- Click on Student Center.
- Your To Do List is on the right.
- View Financial Aid is on the left under the Finances section.
Arrangements for ISU students
HCC and Illinois State University have an agreement for students enrolled at both schools.